Positioned to become the most expensive single-family home in the city of West Palm Beach
A newly built contemporary home that is 15,000-square-feet and runs completely on solar power energy in West Palm Beach, Florida, listed for a record $17.75 million.
Developer Steve Bendat of Aquantis Group Development, who is known for luxury real estate, worked with local architect David Lawrence to combine cutting-edge technology with a timeless design.
In 2019, they sold a newly constructed home in West Palm Beach for $11.5 million, making it the most expensive single-family home in the city. That is, until now.
The new three-story house has six bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, and comes with a theater room, a gym, a private guest house, a home office, a pool and a four-car air-conditioned garage, according to the listing. Those features are amazing, but they didn't elevate the price.
So how did the designer and architect add more value to the home to surpass the previous market real estate record?
They incorporated solar and made their design hurricane resistant with reinforcements to withstand the strongest of storms.
Most South Florida homeowners don't know this, but switching to solar from your traditional utility (FPL) provides you with more benefits immediately and long-term.
Here's what you need to know about solar and battery backup systems:
- Proven property value increase of 4.6% upon installation of a solar system.
- Financing options make the cost of your system comparable to what your currently paying on your FPL bill monthly, so you're simply replacing this recurring expense for a better option.
- Solar system purchases in Florida do not incur sales tax, installations do not increase your property taxes, and homeowners with solar qualify for tax incentives and benefits.
- 26% of the total system cost is given as a credit to the homeowners on their federal income taxes. So if a system is $50,000 the homeowner would qualify for a $13,000 income tax credit. Please note, the homeowner would have to contract the solar installation by October 2020 to have installation complete by the December 31,2020 deadline.
- Loud noisy generators can be eliminated with Tesla Powerwall backup batteries. Bonus: they qualify for the 26% income tax credit incentives.
Most Vinyasun customers find that they benefit from this investment. Instead of giving away money to their utility providers over the next 20-years, homeowners are switching to a power system they can own and can control.
When you compare the rising costs of utility rates and the fixed cost of solar remaining the same until the loan term is up, the numbers prove solar is your best option.
And when you gain reliable power 24/7 even during a storm or outage without maintenance or having to use a generator, well that decision is a no brainer.